Habitable Worlds 2017: Topics
Following the Nexus for Exoplanet System Science (NExSS) goal to investigate how exoplanet history, geology, and climate interact to create the conditions for life and bio-signature detection, the workshop aims to address the following four questions and sub-topics:
What are the properties of habitable planets?
- Habitable zones and habitability
- Climate models
- Stellar properties (type, age)
- Star-planet interactions
What would they look like?
- Earth science
- Solar System planets (e.g. Mars, Venus, Europa)
How do we find and characterize find them?
- Direct imaging
- Solar system probe missions
- Improving statistical methodology
How do they form and what are their histories?
- Planet formation
- Protoplanetary and debris disks
- Small solar system bodies